What is Microblading?
Microblading is an advanced form of Eyebrow Embroidery, that uses a row of needles to create hair like marks on the skin. It is the process of implanting pigment through the epidermal layer of the skin into the upper dermal layer of the skin. Because the pigment is placed in the epidermis and the upper dermal layer, the color will at first appear to be darker than when it is healed, however that is not the final result. Once the color in the epidermis sheds, it will appear a softer version of the pigment through a thin veil of healed epidermal skin.
What should I Expect?
Your brows will take 4-6 weeks to fully heal, the first 7-10 days they may be itchy and/or flakey, however this is normal but it is very important to NOT PICK, PEEL, OR SCRATCH the area. During the healing time the pigment will lighten up (up to 40% lighter) the final look will be apparent after about 30 days. Sharp hair strokes tend to soften because of the skins natural regeneration, this is normal. Make sure to protect your new brows with SPF once they are FULLY healed. Sun exposure can cause the pigment to fade so it is important to protect them. Some fading is normal and your touch up appointment should be booked 6-8 weeks out.
How do I Care for my Brows?
- No water, lotion, soap or makeup on the brow area for 7 DAYS
- Cleanse your face carefully, taking care to avoid the brows- no face under the showerhead, SORRY!
- No brow makeup for 10 DAYS
- No acne meds for 10 days, also NO threading, waxing, or tweezing in this time
- No swimming, sauna, jacuzzi, excess sweating, sun or booth tanning, Retin-A, laser treatments, or peels for 14 DAYS
- No working out the day of the procedure
- No coffee/caffeine the day of the procedure
- Do apply ointment as specified by your microblading artist. Some clients will not be advised to use ointment